Friday 1 August 2014

July Favourites

Whaaaat its July already?? Where does the year go? So today I’m going to talk you through my beauty & random favourites of this month.

First off I have fallen completely back in love with Benefits Watts up highlighter. I have felt I have been reaching for this over my mac highlighters. It's a wind up, roll on highlighter that instantly adds light and glow to the skin. It is a very flattering shade and is easily bendable and I think it’s a beautiful summer product. And let’s be serious how cute is the packaging- it is benefit after all.



Next I have been loving as always my real techniques powder brush. I have a few real techniques brushes and have loved them. Then I purchased the powder brush- and never realised how amazed I could be at a simple makeup brush. Honestly I can’t recommend it enough it evenly applies my powder perfectly over my foundation and doesn’t make it cakey in the slightest. 



This month I picked up Maybeline’s Colour tattoo in on and on bronze. I’d heard loads about this product and now I understand why. First off it was £5 which totally surprised me- due to its high quality. It works amazingly as a base for eyeshadow or works just as well by its self for simpler makeup days. This month I have been reaching for this A LOT. I can’t wait to pick up some more shades of this product.



The last makeup product I have been loving this month is L’Oreal Lumi Magique primer.  This primer comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser.  The texture of the product is creamy and it is white in colour and what I really like about this product is that it immediately gives a glowy finish to the skin. It creates a great base for foundation and I really can’t fault this product.



When I was on holiday I accidently left my benefit moisturiser there so when I came home I had to repurchase one as my skin was really drying out. I didn’t have enough money to repurchase benefit Moisturiser so I picked up Olay Complete Care moisturiser. This is definitely the best drug store moisturiser- it completely cleared up my dry skin on my forehead and leaves my skin feeling silky soft.


My favourite hair products this month has been L'Oréal Paris Studio Matt & Messy salt spray. It creates beachy waves without using heat and was my saviour when I was on holiday. It’s shine free which leaves your hair looking matt and doesn’t leave it feeling greasy which I feel many hair products do. I just apply to my hair when damp then scrunch my hair and Voila beach waves.

I’ve been a huge passenger fan for a few years so was super excited when he brought out his new album “Whispers” in June. I love every track- and each song has a beautiful story which Mikes signs beautifully. My favourites are “27” and “Riding to New York.”  I would describe the album as indie rock with a soft edge. Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbqjD3rQcMs


My favourite YouTube channel this month has been https://www.youtube.com/user/sunbeamsjess I only recently found her channel and have been binge watching all her videos. I love her fashion sense and her simple makeup looks.

Hope you enjoyed this post. What have been your July favourites?




3 comments:

  1. I have the Benefit Watt's up and it's so pretty! Sometimes I use it on my eyelids ;)

    http://everydayingrace.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just done a July Favourites post too! Looks like we both like MAC make up too. :) I definitely agree with you about Passenger, his voice is so different but really good! Katie xx
    http://justkatielou.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/july-make-up-and-beauty-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently bought the trial size of the Watt's Up highlighter. It is a gorgeous colour! I wish the trial came with the blender too though, it would make it much easier to blend!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete